Monday, July 9, 2012

Sweat the Technique

NINA!! Whether you should trust Tommie's non-expert advice or not, you've ensured that this is your only option, so just deal! God, this is all so annoying! The only thing pulling me through all this is Scott. I love his awkward expressions and his clumsy attempts to stay involved. Also love that he instantly reneged on his promise to Nina to "hold me tight and never let me go."

"You got it, sweetie! I'll never let go! Just gotta... check the back of the room... for dust bunnies. Then I'll loom over you and grin, just like we agreed to!"

2 comments:

phoebes in santa fe said...

This entire storyline is an insult to birthing mothers everywhere. These two don't want professional help - and a midwife with experience in delivering one baby - ain't experienced. Whoever's writing this story is completely clueless. Dating Vanna White won't even get them a clue.

Ken said...

Panel one - Tommie is wearing a glove.

Panel two - gloved hand is off-panel and Nina is groaning. Scottie is in the background grinning. I think the baby is being repositioned.