Friday, October 5, 2012

Afraid So

Well, this story has taken a somewhat snoozy turn! Greg goes out for unspecified take out, he bumps into the Professor calls him out for liking "this food" (whatever that means), and then he describes being spurned by Margo in a way no young person ever would. Seriously, "rebuffed"?? That IS putting it mildly. You got shut down, son!

Actually, everyone in this strip kind of talks in the same stilted, somewhat chilly manner (with the occasional whiff of old slang). I guess that's hard to avoid in speech bubbles. Still, I would love if they introduced a younger character that just curses all the time. Just putting it out there, Team 3G!

2 comments:

BaHa said...

I would assume that "this food" means Greek food, given their exchange a while back.
I just love the idea of eating takeout alone being an unbelievable, even horrible thing, to happen In New York.
Have the creators Apt. 3G ever been here? I don't see turquoise and/or orange suits in my neighborhood that often. Or suits at all, for that matter.

Ken said...

I can't stop staring at the forehead in the bottom right of the second panel. Why did Frank even bother to draw half a face when he ignores other details?

Poor big shot movie star has to eat Greek food alone. Boo hoo. Let me know when you start drinking alone, then you've got problems.

Is the Professor going to stick his Greek nose where it doesn't belong? A whole week has gone by with no update on Evan and Margo's date to the WOBA's? I expect to see Margo in a somewhat better mood and Evan can't stop grinning. I would be cooking you dinner by now.