Thursday, June 3, 2010

His Daughter's Father

Where are you, narration box? You're slacking on the job! If I didn't know better, I'd say Jack and Doris changed clothes, aged 25 years(ish?), and decided to rob Margo's apartment. I would also have to ignore the part where they call each other Martin and Gabby... okay, so am I coddled by the narration boxes to the point where I ignore context clues? Yes. But I'd still like them back.

Back to the scene at hand: whoooo, snooping! I hope they find some super-embarrassing stuff for IDITD, like the girls' shared collection of frocks, or Margo's turtleneck drawer. It's not to humiliate you honey, it's just to get you on the show!

3 comments:

LogopolisMike said...

If you're right, I hope they leave the clothes slightly askew and Margo thinks that Lu Ann was going through her stuff, and then IT IS ON!

I, for one, was thinking that Martin was there to get Bobbie's gun. And I hope so, because with all the fighting lately, I'm been really nervous about what was going to happen.

Sugar Packet said...

Mike: oh my god, that would be awesome. Anything that anyone can do to fuel a full on, bobble-filled catfight, I support.

My first thought seeing today's strip: did the girls paint their peephole gold? What will their landlord think? And, HEY-- why has there never been a wacky landlord character in this strip? That'd be sweet.

Fraser said...

My reaction exactly. I thought, what, they were having a nice lunch, and now they're sneaking into 3G for a bit of rumpy pumpy? That's ... what's the opposite of hot?