Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Seeing Stars, I'm Seeing Stars

June 7, 2010

June 8, 2010
Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. By voting her "Best Story of the Year," did we summon Bobbie back from her rehab center/psychiatric facility in Los Angeles? DID WE?? It's just like that part of Peter Pan! We just had to believe in fairies and clap our hands and BAM--she's back!

Unless this is just some random celebrity knows from his wild, swinging days in Hollywood. Could be. Maybe it's Wiggy from The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show, as she's the only person I can think of besides the Professor here that ever said "Oh my stars!" Wiggy was very into astrology... look, I don't want to know these things, I just do!

UPDATE:
The only three people who ever say "Oh my stars!"

5 comments:

LogopolisMike said...

So are you suggesting that somebody is pulling the "I'm calling you on my cell phone but I'm really at your door" thing with the Professor. Between that and the reference to email, this is the most up-to-date Apartment 3-G has seemed ever.

I really wanted it to be Bobbie on the phone, but didn't think her rehab facility was in LA. But I forgot about the gun being taken care of by Margo's police buddy, so apparently, this strip is too complex for me.

Anonymous said...

Samantha Stevens on 'Bewitched' used to say "Oh, my stars!" at least once an episode.

Maggie said...

I know, I feel like there are plenty of qualified institutions Bobbie could be that are much more local than LA, but maybe she wanted to feel like a movie star. And now that I think about it, where was Bobbie living before she holed up at the Ritz-Carlton?

Carlye said...

Actually, Bugs Bunny said "My Stars!" as he was giving a monster a manicure. As in, "My stars, you meet such INTERESTING people in this job"!

Maggie said...

Carlye: you're right, I just looked it up! Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acfx4orazEk&feature=related

True story, I wanted to be that monster for Halloween one year, but couldn't figure out how to sew it... a total bust. I did have sneakers, though! And that still would be an awesome costume.