Thursday, July 2, 2009

An Honest Lie

Let's paint the walls white again! "There are facts about my husband's death I haven't told you, Tom... like his aliveness."

There's something weird about the first panel to me, and I think it's that Tom thinks this is an appropriate time to count shoulders. From his perspective, it's a mildly troubling but personally irrelevant news event. Like, the kind that the news is saturated with. That's just my take on it though. I've always been weary of mixing sticky international diplomacy issues and romance.

2 comments:

McClure said...

I'm just surprised that they waited until the second panel to remind you of their names.

Also does an italicized exclamation point mean extra exclamation value of a statement?

Maggie said...

Yes! It does!

No, I think in this case they're just leaning in the same direction as Tom.