Monday, November 16, 2009

Come for the Salibury Steak, Stay for the Rice Pudding

Saturday November 14, 2009
Wardle's clearly hasn't put any thought into their branding.
Monday November 16, 2009
Taser Lady is, Mrs. Wardle: Cafeteria Lady!Okay, I can see the Prof taking Bobbie out to some low-key hole in the wall with great atmosphere, or some hidden dance hall with live jazz, something to give this a little Jack Dawson/Rose DeWitt appeal. A cafeteria I was not expecting. Especially a cafeteria named Wardle's... isn't a wardle the red hangy thing on a turkey's beak? Okay, I might be making that up, but it still sounds gross. I love rice pudding as much as the next guy and my stomach would still lurch at the sight of a white, milky, lumpy bowl of RP served up by a guy (or gal) named Wardle. And yet the Professor comes here so often that the cafeteria lady flips out when he doesn't show up for a week.

Oh my God, I suddenly realized why she looks so familiar. The modest blond ponytail, the unnatural hysterics... is cafeteria lady actually Taser Lady??!

1 comment:

McClure said...

Omg I hope it's Taser Lady. Maybe that would account for the Professor's combined head swiv-bob that's going on... fear of the taser.