Friday, December 14, 2012

Dallas for the Holidays

Look at Tommie, laughing away at the thought of Margo spending Christmas with her family. CHUCKLE chuckle chuckle! That's a good one. We haven't seen Martin and Gabriella in over two years! I gotta say, I miss them. Martin with his crazy hair and penchant for lying, Gabriella with her sudden bursts of ethnicity. (Let us not overlook her frequent display of hoop earrings.)

In fact, I just went through quite a few of the old Martin and Gabriella comics, I really do kinda miss them. I don't care that they're happy and boring, I say bring em back! Presumably though, Margo will visit them for two days of strips, get a phonecall from Greg, run out claiming, "it's for business!" let Greg buy her dinner, kiss him, slap him, run back to Martin and Gabriella for one strip of drunk crying, and not publicize anything.

3 comments:

Allen said...

Cripes, Tommie looks creepy.

I'd never seen Margo's parents so at first I thought, "-Is- Margo's mother Spanish? Could there have actually been an ethnic person in this strip??" But of course there isn't. But I think I know why. The colorists appear to only have 7 colors in their palette: mustard yellow, black, baby blue (strictly for black hair highlights and suits), puke green, salmon pink, violet and beige. Sometimes they mix them together but only if it's a special occasion and they're feeling particularly rowdy. The boss also has to be on vacation.

J.R. Clark said...

OK, this strip HAS to be set in November 1963. "Ruby is taking me to Dallas..." I guess Jack Ruby has booked LuAnn to dance at the Carousel Club and entertain some Secret Service agents while he takes care of some business for the Giancana Family.

Anonymous said...

The clothing isn't hip enough to be from 1963.