Monday, August 23, 2010

Mister Mojo

Hi, this is Maggie! I'm back, not because I'm less busy, but because my friends have lifted my spirits and caught me up and OH MY GOD, I HAVE TO TALK ABOUT TODAY'S STRIP BEFORE THEY DO. It's weird and delightful, just like Mister Mojo himself. I'm guessing he's supposed to look stylish and edgy, but really he looks like a freakishly old child from the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Or maybe Mr. Bolle's impression of gay men is stuck in 1980s stereotypes, where if you had AIDS, you were gay, and if you were gay, you probably had the AIDS. I saw And the Band Played On, I know what I'm talking about with 80s stereotypes!

1 comment:

Megan said...

OMG, I was just coming on to post how I thought that Mr. Mojo looked like Telly Savalas and Tom Hanks from Philadelphia had a baby. A dying AIDS baby. Are those scabs on his head? But I hope that he gives Lu Ann the pixie. And Maggie, how do you do the secret messages?