Monday, August 23, 2010

Recaps!

What's this? Another guest blogger? Don't fret faithful readers, Maggie is taking a summer hiatus of some kind and will return with a brand new season this fall. Unless these two newcomers steal the show and the audience demands that the role of Maggie be recast.

As Casey recently posted some of the new stuff, I thought that I would hop in the way back machine to those strips that Maggie so willfully neglected.

Here are the rules that Mama Kat gives the ladies before their big spending spree:


Personally, I would have also mentioned that with Tommie's complexion, copper is probably not the best color choice...


But Kat if she turns away from her power pantsuits, then her angry finger pointing won't have nearly the same terrorizing effect on her victims. How will anyone take her seriously? Also, did you even read the bio information on these contestants? You might want to stay away from mourning references when someone just lost their boyfriend to a freak avalanche in Nepal. That was in there right before the psychotic step-mother episode. Pay attention!


Every time I look at Lu Ann's face in the second panel, it makes me laugh. It reminds me of the look that my dog gets on his face when the vet takes his temperature. And her blouse is fairly frill-less and seems to be more of a jewel tone than a pastel. Is Kat even paying attention at this point? Or is she, like myself, too disturbed by the presence of the purple man to focus on the world around her?


I think we can safely assert that Kat is a figurehead who relies on minions like Kitty and Nancy to do all the real work while she reaps in the rewards from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. In other news, the purple man has infected someone else. He's going after the entire crew! In the second panel, I can only imagine that Kat has either just done that horrifying, dramatic self-thumb point gesture, which I think I've only ever seen employed in musical theatre, or that she secretly sucks her thumb. Don't do it Kat! You just get an overbite and then your parents buy you a spray that makes your thumb taste bad to break you of the habit. Or at least that's what I've been told...

SPOILER ALERT! A preview of the big reveal:


To be fair, Kat never said that the dresses were supposed to be attractive, just that Tommie was supposed to wear dresses. Does Tommie not know that she has red hair because I'm pretty sure that magenta is not a good color for carrot-tops. Apparently, in addition to the ugly dress, the new Tommie is going to stare vapidly into space.


The bun isn't permanent! At night, it escapes the confines of the elastic band and breathes free! At night it can do whatever it wants! Braids, french braids, the Farrah flip! That's really the only reason that I included this strip, because I have grown tired of Lu Ann's whining about her stupid blonde hair. Although at the pace of this strip, if they do cut her hair, it would probably be sometime in the next decade before it grew all back. I hope they give Lu Ann a pixie cut, just to break her down. Margo seems to echo my sentiments about Lu Ann's problems in the last panel...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could actually see this story having Lu Ann with her dreaded pixie cut holding her discarded blond locks in her hands crying. I especially get the impression now that we see who's cutting her hair with her look of fright when she sees "A male hair cutter is one thing... but BALD! OMG noes!"

mrvy said...

Maggie, Casey, and Megan could work as a triumvirate, which would fit perfectly with the theme of three "lovely ladies"! Many hands make light work. Could Casey and Megan learn how to attach secret messages? That would be even more lovely!

Casey said...

Maggie has already cast herself as Tommie, Megan as Margo, and me as Lu Ann. I don't know what she's saying about herself, but I totally get the Megan as Margo thing. No comment on the me as Lu Ann.

Oh yeah the whole secret message thing, I thought momentarily about caring about that, then I decided I really didn't. I guess I could be more of a people-pleaser though.

Unknown said...

So THAT is what Margo looks like with her hair down. Get her hair some curls and she will look like Amy Grant circa 1989.