Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pretty Little Lu Ann

First of all, may I express my sincere delight at the appearance Crazy Janey! (she's troubled) I was just thinking about her! Every now and then, it's like Margaret Shulock and I are on the same wavelength. It's a little scary at times, as I'm sure it is for Margaret.

May I also admit that I am sincerely disturbed by Janey? The writing is good and creepy, but I also have to give some props to Frank Bolle on this one. Lu Ann getting chewed out over the phone for no good reason could've easily been hilarious (it still kinda is), but he made it into something warty, sweaty, and uncomfortable. Janey calling from a Zack Morris-style cell phone adds to the pathos.

That said, I read A3G for the laffs, not the pathos. I hope Janey takes a page from the Bobbie Merrill playbook and starts pilling up and shaking all about. Ah Bobbie, I miss ya.

No comments: