Friday, June 29, 2012

The Other Pain

I don't know, is it too harsh to say that Nina seems really really dumb? I mean, I'd be like HOLY CRAP TOMMIE YOU HAVE TO HELP ME I HAVE A BABY COMING OUT OF ME AND APPENDICITIS ALL AT ONCE. At least get that on the table as a possibility. Does Nina know so very little about birthin babies that jabbing side pain might be something that happens? "No it's the other pain on my side, it's agony! I believe it's... it's the baby? punching my ovary in anger?? He doesn't want to leave the nest, Tommie! Pretty sure I'm incubating a hellspawn here! Pretty sure it'll kill me and all! With its tiny tiny punches that hurt so so much!" ...but no paramedics, please.

2 comments:

Ken said...

I wanted to see how dumb Nina is, so I started to to type "what do " in Google.

What do dreams mean

What do contractions feel like

What do turtles eat

What do termites look like

What do groundhogs eat

Not only do I have a slightly better understanding of what contractions feel like, but I now understand my dream about the flying turtle shooting termites at Punxsutawney Phil after he saw his shadow.

It's a good thing Tommie is still respecting Nina's wishes to not involve any competently trained medical professionals. Good call.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone ever read the story "The Small Assassin" by Ray Bradbury? I am thinking it would be best to keep Nina away from that one.