Monday, June 1, 2015

When Greg Met Margo (Again)

Sadly, no one was blogging during the epic Margo-Greg Showdown of '15, and the strips are lost to history, but here's a written summary of the confrontation:

Margo: Hello there, stranger.
Greg: I beg your pardon?
Margo: Don't play games, Greg. It doesn't suit you.
Greg: Margo??
Margo: Have you missed me, Greg?
Greg: It's lovely to see you, Margo. I've heard good things about your agency.
Margo: (blithely ignoring that he's no longer her client, I guess?) I'm the best in the business.
Greg: How have you been, Margo?
Margo: (delusional) Fit as a fiddle! Never better.
Greg: I'm glad to hear it.
Margo: Aren't you going to invite me to dinner Greg? There's a great little diner across town, Greg. (literally the only place she can think of)
Greg: Sounds like fun, Margo, but... I have to meet with my director. Maybe another time?
Margo: Don't patronize me!! Who do you think you are, Greg Cooper?! I could ruin you with a snap of my fingers!!
Greg: You don't mean that, Margo.
Margo: Wanna bet?!! Just try me!
Greg: I'm so sorry, Margo. You know I care--don't you Margo?
Margo: I know you're a creep, Greg. That's all I need to know! You said you loved me once. You lied then too!!
Greg: (his bony hand awkwardly messaging his temple) Margo, please... I've never lied to you, Margo!
Margo: Get lost, Greg! The last thing I need is a desperate actor with no talent!!. 
Greg: I have to go now, Margo, but I'll be back!
Margo: (slightly intrigued fish-lipped expression) Is that a threat?!
Greg: My feelings for you haven't changed, Margo.
Margo: Well, mine have changed, Greg! Go play with your so-called director and leave me alone!
Greg: Goodbye, Margo.

No comments: