Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Still going to Denver??

Gary is a man who loves the color orange.Oh god... are we still talking about the SAME DENVER?? Please! Not Denver! No! Not... Denver!!

Seriously Tommie. What have you got to lose. They can use nurses anywhere in the world, and with 300 days of sunshine every year, award-winning restaurants and dining, world-class museums and hotels, the best in live entertainment, and stunning Rocky Mountain views, Denver blends urban sophistication with outdoor adventure! ...so I hear.

More about wonderful Denver.

3 comments:

McClure said...

Great research, Mags. Nice work. ;)

I've been to Denver, but all I remember is getting off the train and walking to Coors Field. And it was cold and rainy... must have been one of thse 65 days. And there was a purple row of seats to mark 1 mile above sea level... And the Phillies lost... naturally.

So I guess I don't have the best impression of Denver...

Maggie said...

You went to Denver solely to go to a Phillies game?? Hardcore! Next time you wander over to Milwaukee for a Brewers game, call me.

McClure said...

Well I was already in Laramie, Wyoming, and we got to take this sweet train ride from Cheyenne to Denver all by ourselves, because this huge steam engine had to get to Denver to take a special train from Denver to Cheyenne or something... and my parents knew the then-CEO of Union Pacific Railroad because a) he went to our chuch and b) they always sang at the Union Pacific Christmas party...

Hahahaha it sounds even more absurd than I remember... but I have pictures! People saw the train and were like outside their houses waving to us because, I mean, how often do you see the largest still-operating steam engine go by? It was all Quinn-like and stuff...

Which brings me to the confession that I had to double-check to make sure that Cheyenne was the capital of Wyoming because I was afraid Quinn was making me guess Cheyenne incorrectly...