Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Recap

Friday, August 2nd


That was the short version of this story?!?!  I think a brain tumor is going to be pretty hard to hide, especially if you're undergoing treatment.

Marty: "Daddy, why is all your hair gone?"
Cole: "It's no big deal Marty, I am just auditioning for the role of Telly Savalas in a Lifetime movie..."
Marty: "But you're not an actor..."
Cole: "What's that?  Great conversation honey, I have to go for more radia...I mean to Radiation studios...it's where they're filming my movie.  Why don't you go visit Lu Ann at the gallery?"

Saturday, August 3rd


"Here Cole, let me pinch your shoulder.  The mild pain you feel will distract you from your brain tumor/PTSD/chronic pain/alcoholism/keeping a life or death secret from your only child.  There...doesn't that feel better?"

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Okay....so Lu Ann has a handsome governor for a boyfriend, never mind that he's probably up to some kind of hanky panky, and she's falling for an alcoholic/PTSD/brain tumor kind of guy. Makes perfect sense!

Inkwell said...

The pointless string of relationships in this comic amuses me. We all know that the girls are going to be single and looking again by the next story, so why should we care?

At least Mary Worth has a rotating cast of side characters to center the conflict around. Both are cheesy soaps, but in MW the endings matter a little more.

NonnyMus said...

Inkwell, A3-G offers a different kind of suck than MW, it's true, but both are equally absurd!

Just look at the current dialogue in the desert in MW and you'll see it's just as silly and pointless as Lu Ann's latest crush...

Anyway, I was originally commenting that brain tumor's are usually first on the list of things people are complaining about. Perhaps Cole (or Shulock) has a touch of psychotically disordered thinking that he (she) can't see how some illnesses are more important that others...

Come to think of it, a psychotic writer would explain a LOT of A3-G and MW dialogue!!

Maggie said...

Let's see, chronic pain, alcoholism, PTSD... am I missing anything am I missing anything... oh! Did I tell you about my deadly brain tumor? Right, yeah! My deadly brain tumor. So that's troubling me. Actually it turns out what I thought was PTSD is actually just headaches! Deadly tumor-induced headaches.

Be strong, Lu Ann...!

Anonymous said...

Don't tell Marty? Isn't she going to figure it out when he suddenly drops dead?!? Geez.