Friday, August 14, 2009

Margo Enters Her Room and...

Nothing will ever be the same except maybe in a year or so!

Poor Margo. In her heart, nothing will ever be the same. Except, since this is Apartment 3-G, she will have to be interested in another guy eventually. It's really a weird thing about Apartment 3-G; there is no chance that any guy in this strip is ever going to stay together with one of these girls, no matter how compatible they are. They're just going to get killed by a dope fiend, or disappear in the Tibetan Himalayans, or move to Denver. All these relationships are doomed, DOOMED I tell you!

3 comments:

phoebes-in-santa fe said...

Wasn't Luann a widow? Of a fighter pilot in Vietnam? Time moves verrrrrrrrrrrry slowly in this comic strip. And, who'd marry Margo? She's an A-1 bitch. I loved it how she and Eric were engaged, but she'd never been in his apartment. I know "True Love Waits", but that's a little hinky in people Eric and Margo's age...

Maggie said...

Hahaha! Pretty harsh, Phoebes. I mean, at least Margo is interesting... sure she's a handful, but at least she's not Tommie. (I'm harsh with Tommie because I see myself in her)

And you're definitely right, Lu Ann is a widow. From back in the sixties. Sooooo... I'm not sure they really talk about this or reference it or anything. At the time, they replaced Lu Ann with another roommate, but after her husband kicked it, Lu Ann came back and that was the end of marriage for these kiddos!

Tony N said...

LuAnn had to learn the hard way that no one escapes Apt. 3G. No one.