Friday, August 7, 2009

Oh My God the D Word!!

She needs her friends, the way I did when I ditched you guys to come to South Dakota. I think this is the first time someone has said "death" in Apartment 3-G. You can see Tommie preferred to trail off indefinitely... she probably would've added "the accident" or "you-know-what" if Lu Ann hadn't jumped in.

So Lu Ann's coming back. Finally! But I wonder if we're really not going to get any kind of story arc from this 8-month jaunt to South Dakota. It'd seem a waste to ignore such juicy details of Lu Ann's life on the ranch, like how boring her paintings are and "riding the fence line" (with a BOY!). Mostly, though, I have to ask: are they gonna leave us hanging on the whole young steers thing? I mean.... that really could've gone somewhere.

2 comments:

Fraser said...

Check out that steely-eyed look from Lu-Ann! Is that backbone I detect?

Maggie, what happens on the ranch, stays on the ranch. Please, god, let it stay on the ranch.

Maggie said...

No way! I want what happens on the ranch to get a seat next to Lu Ann on the next plane to NYC! Or maybe it can ride the fence line back to the Big Apple.

Am I dipping into the "ride the fence line" (RtFL) well too many times, I wonder?