Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Brace Yourself, This Is the Greatest Story Ever

I sadly have very little to say about this strip, except that Margo is being a little overdramatic. I mean, if I were Gabriella and Margo came to me and said "Eric's will was read today, mama. Well, that's all. See you later," I think I'd be a little disappointed. So yeah, I'm pretty sure there's more to the story Margo, let's just stop throwing around terms like "brace yourself" willy-nilly - I think she's braced. You could at least say "brace yourself, there's a really cool ending to this story."

5 comments:

phoebes-in-santa fe said...

Why does Margo look as old as her mother?

And, maybe if Eric left Margo some money, she can finally afford to move into her own place. Can you imagine that 35 year old Margo is still living with roommates?

McClure said...

I like how she calls her Gabriella in one panel and Mama in the next... if I called my mom Wendy half the time, she'd be pissed!

Megan said...

Yea, what's the deal with her referring to her parents by their given names half the time. Good work as the guest writer Casey.

~Megan

mrvy said...

Wasn't Gabriella young when she had Margo, or am I mistaken about that? If I'm right, they could look about the same age, if Gabriella is well-preserved and Margo is a bit weathered.

I agree that Mom is Mom, and my kids may not call me by my first name. I tried to turn them onto "She Who Must Be Obeyed," but it never took.

Casey said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Margo grow up thinking Gabriella was the maid and her dad's wife was her mother? In which case it makes perfect sense, though it makes the situation no less creepy.