Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Waiting Game

So I thought that I could beat out Maggie in a waiting game by not posting on Saturday, but she beat me by not posting yesterday.  Touché, Mags, touché.

Friday, July 27th


Is it really necessary to have a door bell with five rings?  Especially when no one visits you and it's only used by your long forgotten third roommate.  Also, did Margo become Stretch Armstrong in the second panel?


Saturday, July 28th


That is the most laconic trip recount of a five-month road trip with the woman who you always thought was your aunt but turned out to be your mother and you were going to visit the people who you always knew as your parents/siblings but now are your aunts/uncles/cousins.  No funny trip stories?  "Ruby took a joke photograph at Mount Rushmore where it looks like she's picking George Washington's nose!"  How about "We had really great weather!"  Anything?  Oh well, back to Tommie/Margo.

Monday, July 30th


Are you Rick?  You look just like my roommate's ex-fiance Paul Linski.  Even down to the white shirt! I hope I didn't interrupt you supervising these guys working on supercomputers, but I have an ANNOUNCEMENT...for tomorrow.

Tuesday, July 31st


Come on Rick, we all knew there would be a but.  Mild mannered nurse/midwife Tommie Thompson throws away a stable middle class life for fame and fortune with Rick and DJ Dan Diller?  I spin babies now, not records.  I hope Aunt Iris can get a good price for that piano on eBay.

4 comments:

Sweet Fiend said...

I spin babies, not records!! Can we get that put on a t-shirt?!

Sugar Packet said...

Seconded!

Ken said...

I'm so glad Lu Ann is back. I could sense how much Tommie and Margo missed her that it has affected my mood.

Would anyone actually wear the t-shirt besides me?

Maggie said...

This is a pretty depressing turn of events that we don't get ANY wacky road trip stories from Lu Ann. Maybe there'll be a travelogue later? .....maybe?