Thursday, October 8, 2009

Back from C'ville

Hello everybody! I'm back from my trip to Charlottesville, Virginia. We were doing a photo shoot at a building my company designed at UVA. Charlottesville was lovely, the campus was beautiful, and there were plenty of nice restaurants, but being an alum of the College of William and Mary, my official position is that Charlottesville sucked and all the students looked way dumb. (sorry, Frook)

It looks like I didn't miss too much during my trip, except for one particularly exciting exchange between Ruby and Tommie:

Tommie's been hanging on to that coffee mug so long that her fingers have melded on to it.AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Tommie! Don't give up on life! You have so much to live for! Like............. your job?

"I feel lonely and unloved. You know what I mean?" Tommie's sigh of defeat and soul-crushing expression says "YES, YOU KNOW THAT I DO, WHY DID YOU EVEN ASK"





Let's move on, shall we?
Thanks for the ride, crazy old Magee!So we're moving from the B plot to the C plot, featuring a car pulling up to her building. Normally I'd be excited to see Margo again, but she keeps hanging out with boring ol' Lu Ann. Still, it's good to see Margo make her father bobble with dispair, just like the old days. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

phoebes-in-santa fe said...

C'ville is a beautiful town and campus. I was there for a few days in April. However, the really beautiful campus - prettier than Mr Jefferson's, I think - is the University of Richmond. I was there for a Civil War conference in May and was astounded by its brick buildings and nature areas.

These three spinsters in Apt 3-G are pathetic. Add that loser-from-the-sticks-with-the-hair- bows to this melange of bland women and this "story" could take place in SnarkAss, South Dakota, better than in NYC!

Maggie said...

I actually applied to University of Richmond back in the day! I remember being enchanted by the landscaping, in particular the trees, and I liked that their mascot was a spider. That's all I can remember though... it's been a long time.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I don't know why these girls deal with the high costs of living in New York if they're not going to go out once in a while. Take in a show, see a concert, go out for drinks and dancing. Something! I've never even seen any of them pass a hotdog cart!

Tony N said...

A confusing Ruby action is now made clear: only a lonely, despondent woman would ever think to give her door a good scrubbin'.