Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Play by the Rules

"And whom he's been doing it with!" is a quote that will warm my heart long into the coming winter months. Both illicit and explicit, racy with a mysterious dash of boring, careful enough to use the correct relative pronoun and careless enough to dangle the presposition.

That said, if Bobbie steals Ruby's spot in I Dressed in the Dark by wandering onto set dressed like an eggplant Mao Zedong, I'll be upset, no matter whom her husband is doing it with.

5 comments:

Casey said...

"careful enough to use the correct relative pronoun and careless enough to dangle the presposition."
Mags, I love you for that, mostly because I had pretty much the same thought when I read this strip.

Hermite said...

What's up with all the people in the background being women? I've thought of a number of possibilities, but I always end up at the thought that maybe I just need to get a life....

McClure said...

ditto what Casey said!

Sugar Packet said...

I'm more struck by the number of hats and/or babushkas people in New York seem to be wearing. And by people, I mean women. And by women, I mean Smurfettes.

Tony N said...

Ooh! This really is shaping up to be a Lifetime movie staring Meredith Baxter!