Thursday, March 25, 2010

OhPleaseOhPleaseOhPlease

Maybe Bobbie fell into a bottomless pit! Ah. I think we all know that feeling of being in over your head, overwhelmed, or underprepared, and praying everytime the phone rings that there has been some sort of Horrible Accident (a fire, a hurricane, an unexpected sinkhole) that delays or cancels the event.

I remember back in grade school I was in grade school, I was getting ready to go to piano lessons, having not practiced at all the past two weeks. As I sullenly packed my bag with piano music, my mom got the call that my teacher had suffered a heart attack. I just stared at her when she told me. I was a little relieved for myself, but at what cost? I should've just practiced, I remember thinking.

4 comments:

Sugar Packet said...

The Professor will be disappointed when Bobbie's just calling to confirm their date and brag about buying a gun from a homeless guy.

Megan said...

I think there is a 0.01% chance that the professor will break out into a chorus of "Telephone" by Lady Gaga, featuring Beyonce. "Stop telephonin' me..."

Sugar, you are probably right though. Or she's calling to cancel so she can go shoot Martin/Margo/Gabriella...

Casey said...

You played piano?

Unknown said...

@Megan: Oh my god yes! That would be beyond amazing.