Friday, March 5, 2010

You Can't Go....! Well, Guess It's My Lunch Time....


You know, I don't like to brag, but I think I must have some kind of magical powers. I mean, look at the evidence. I ask to see Tommie, and she appears. I ask to see anyone BUT Tommie, and wham. It's Bobbie time!
Speaking of magical powers, I think Bobbie must be wielding some major ones herself. She's not only able to render the Professor powerless, but has clearly stricken this poor receptionist (receptionists? I think she got some plastic surgery between panels 1 & 2) with some kind of paralysis (though she IS able to get some finger-wag action in there). This strip opens up limitless possibilities! I'm so excited. Let's examine some of them, shall we?

a) Bobbie's husband is there! (Martin?!)
b) Margo is there! (with Martin?! for some reason)
c) Arnold Ackerman is having some kind of torrid affair in there! Maybe with someone we know. Lu Ann? She hasn't been around much, right?
d) The receptionist is just legimately concerned that Bobbie is storming into the lawyer's private meeting with another client, who has no connection to Bobbie or anything particularly interesting about him/her. Bobbie will come in and berate the lawyer in vague terms for a few days, mostly recapping what we already know and then presumably leaving while we turn our focus to the Professor, who will be resolving to dump her yet again.

I'm personally predicting option d, since it's pretty much been the pattern of late. I'm hoping for b or maybe a, not c because the way I'm picturing Arnold Ackerman, I don't think I want to see that.

e) Choose your own adventure! What do you think will happen when Bobbie goes into the lawyer's office? If I like it enough, I'll make it happen with my magical powers.*


*disclaimer: no guarantee of actual magical powers or ability to make things happen in a comic strip that was written months ago.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Casey, don't downplay your magical powers...Also, I can't believe that Bobbie would pay that much money to a lawyer with the last name of Ackerman. I mean this is New York right? I would think she would have tried harder to find an Ackerstein, no wonder she isn't divorced from her husband...