Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Blast from the When?

Allright, Tommie is holding a box--a box so aptly labelled "Tommie"--that is far larger than anything used to record music on in the last, mm, thirty years? It's way too big to even be a tape casette. It could be a VHS tape. It could be an 8-track. It might even be a Super Nintendo cartridge. My hypothesis: that's what Frank Bolle thinks an MP3 looks like.

I'm just kidding, of course. There's no way Frank Bolle has heard of MP3s.

I just looked it up, the Frank is 87 years old. 87!! Half of me is like, "Man, that guy is doing it! These are some damn fine drawings for an 87-year-old." The other half is like, "Adults don't wear Peter Pan collars! Tommie looks like a man! What could possibly be in that box she's holding?? WHAT IS GOING ON!!"

4 comments:

Ken said...

Maybe it's a congratulatory box of chocolates that Dan Diller labeled "Tommie". It's probably a music business thing that we lay-people don't understand.

Life is like a box of chocolates.

I wonder where Frank gets his inspiration. I'm sure he was disappointed when MTV cancelled Skins.

I hope to be as active at 87 after they have uploaded my consciousness to the intertron. Maybe there will still be room in the tubes with the kittehs.

Margo takes charge and...

Dan Diller said...

I will happily produce the hit "Makin' Spaghetti"

Call me.

212-555-DILL

Maggie said...

o_O I could be famous!

Eric said...

This makes so much sense now. 87. 87!!!!