Thursday, December 1, 2011

Let's Do the Time Warp

She probably just hasn't had time to bring it up, Paul.

I wish the question had been one of the ones you folks came up with yesterday, but this is pretty fascinating. They're putting an actual timeframe on the time warp that these people live in. Does anyone know when she actually married her first husband? In the 60s? And apparently I'm too bad at math to figure out the ratio of A3G years to real years, but uh... it's kind of staggering right?

I would love this to wind up being the case, but I guess they'll just make up some story about how her husband died that doesn't take place in the Vietnam era. But really, wouldn't everything make so much more sense if it was still, like, the 70s in A3G world?


I hope in this version, Margo murders Gary. Nobody breaks up their little apartment... nobody. So watch yourself, Paul.

4 comments:

Hal Hildebrand said...

So LuAnn was married to Francis Gary Powers? The U2 pilot shot down over Russia?

Damn. That girl gets around.

Ken said...

Vietnam ended ~37 years ago. Are we now saying he died in a more recent war? Iraq or Afghanistan? There should be some sort of comics law for these strips with timelines that don't follow normal time.

I hope Lu Ann gets really angry or starts crying when Paul confronts her. Has she shown any emotions when Paul is involved? She seems to break down later without Paul knowing.

Paul: Why didn't you tell me you were married?

Lu Ann: He died in Parmistan [fictional country from Gymkata (1985)] and it's too difficult to discuss. I love you Paul, isn't that what matters?

Roy said...

They could just avoid the issue by generically saying his plane crashed, but I think it would be awesome if the strip suddenly went all Mad Men and they went with the mid 70s setting, I can't wait for the '77 blackout storyline, maybe Tommie can start singing, Margo can get her bun back, or maybe just a CB radio. That would be far out, if you can dig what I mean.

Elaine said...

I think that Gary died in Snackistan, just over the border from Fritolaysia. And his dying wish was that Lu Ann stay single and living with Margo THE REST OF HER LIFE! Well, he had to suffer, why can't she????? Oh wait, life with the Linski clan might be punishment enough.....
I think we already know what's going to happen - Paul confronts Lu Ann, discusses her impurity and how that will keep her from entering the Linski Impregnation Chamber so that they can use the new nursery, and it's curtains for the marriage.