Friday, December 16, 2011

Gary, Huh?

Originally I was going to make fun of Paul for being uncommonly affected and hurt by the name "Gary," buuut... when I think about it, I think I get the sentiment. It's like if I found out my boyfriend was married to a girl named Tiffany. No offense to all the Tiffanies out there, but I'd be like "TIFFANY?? Oh come on. No. You did NOT marry a Tiffany. Ugh. Who were you??"

Likewise, I am sure all the Tiffanies out there would react similarly if they found out their man had been married to a Maggie. "Maggie? Maggie? You married a dumpy Scottish chick??"

Private joke: it took me a long time to remember Casey's name, so I used to call her Tiffany. Or was it Stephanie? I can't even remember her fake name.

4 comments:

Ken said...

"Blaine? That's not a name, that's a major appliance."

My parents picked out 'Sherry Eileen' if I had been a girl.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

Until Paul is gone, I am only reading the blog post and not the actual Apt. 3G strip.

Elaine said...

'Yes, Lu Ann or whatever your name is, it is painful to me to think that you had a life before you met me, your noble piano mover.'

Huh, wonder what his problem is - maybe his religion forbids him from marrying an impure soul like Lu Ann??? I would also like for Paul to go away, and leave Lu Ann back in the clutches of Margo.

Anonymous said...

Know what else would hurt, Paul? A quick kick in the nuts for being such a consistent douche!

McClure said...

At least you didn't think Casey was someone else entirely!! ;)