Friday, December 9, 2011

Cold Feet

I like how Margo is totally scandalized! "Wait a second, I finally approved of this and you're going to THROW IT ALL AWAY?? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, LU ANN?! That I CAN'T convert your room into my personal gym?? I ALREADY ORDERED AN ELLIPTICAL MACHINE, so you'd better DRINK SOME MILK and GET YOUR HEAD ON STRAIGHT!!"

Looks like the wedding will be called off due to natural causes (e.g. Lu Ann's deep down flightiness). So, no grusome end for the Linski clan? Shucks.

5 comments:

Roy said...

Lu Ann's ego in the psychoanalytic sense is making a bid for self preservation. Of course it would use her dreams to do so. Dr Dallis would approve.

I really think this is a well done storyline, it makes sense and is well thought out, it is really classic old fashioned 3-G. The whole Army Air Corps thing, not to mention the timing distraction, ie. the 7 years, is kind of unfortunate, but I am loving this.

Roy said...

In this strip we see Lu Ann's ego warring with her superego, the result is not very much in doubt though.

Ken said...

I'm no analrapist (look it up), but I do know that Margo is so sick of books. She likes the punk and the metal band. When the buzzer rings (Oh-Way-Oh) she's walking like an Egyptian.

Marge said...

I'm hoping Lu Ann will break it off before Paul does. I wouldn't want to see his self-righteous satisfaction if he breaks it off due to the previous marriage. (Although, not telling him about it is a real problem.)

Roy said...

I'm with you, I'm also looking forward to Paul's open mouthed "WHAA..??" followed by Lu Ann rushing out and crying: "Did I do the right thing?" Of course Paul could be nasty about it and Lu Ann will have to stand up to him, but I already dislike him enough that I don't want him to be any worse.