Tuesday, December 20, 2011

We'll Always Have Hoboken

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, gooodbye! Don't let that park bench hit you in the ass on your way out...I'm actually a little disappointed that Paul isn't putting up more of a fight. What happened to "I have Lu Ann, and she's the best!" and your mild to moderate stalking? You're not even going to try to work it out?

"Two days ago, I was ready to marry you whilst wearing a modest, Victorian chastity dress and eagerly anticipating a move to Hoboken. I was ready to immediately have a baby (disregarding the laws of nature and gestation), leave that baby safely ensconced in the nursery you creepily pre-assembled, and commute via bridge and/or tunnel into the big city so that I could continue to give the world the gift of my squiggle art. I was prepared to live communally with your entire family in a sheltered compound, where I would lose all autonomy. But do you really think it's wise to see each other again?"

3 comments:

Hal Hildebrand said...

Um, wow. So I guess the writers just pretty much gave up on this plot and left it to some hobo on the street to finish up?

I mean, really... talk about phoning it in...

Ken said...

Is Paul asking for 'Friends With Hand Holding Benefits' (FWHHB)?!? Lu Ann is not that type of girl. When she decides to hold hands with somebody, it is serious and exclusive.

Elaine said...

Oh, hahahaha, the writers were just ready to start their holiday celebrations, so it was just better to end it...NOW! Such a big build up for such a lame ending. We can only hope that the Linski clan will all start to stalk Lu Ann and keep digging into her past.