Monday, May 7, 2012

Crazy, huh, Tommie?!

"Crazy, huh, Tommie?!" The phrase just tugs at my heartstrings for some reason. She could be remarking on anything and I'd like it, but it's all the better because then Tommie has to gently remind her that it's not just weird, it's also very sad.
Margo: So I heard the whole story from Scott between glasses of wine. Crazy, huh, Tommie?! 
Tommie: (sigh) I think you mean tragic, sir.
Margo: Tragic? Is that like magic? Anyway, who dies in childbirth anymore? I mean, that is just dumb. Tommie, you're a nurse. Why didn't penicillin take care of all this??
Tommie: Well, occasionally there are complications during childbirth that go beyond--
Margo: Oh, my head is pounding!! I'm going to bed Tommie. Fetch me those aspirin, will you? And remember: I never even touched Scott. Good niiiiight!
Tommie: ..... (sigh)

6 comments:

wonderin' said...

Where's the blonde chick?

Carlye said...

Why is it late night, and neither of them is in their jammies, or at least their sweats? I know I would be.

Ken said...

That was great how you slipped in a Marcie "Sir" to Peppermint Patty.

Classic Peanuts.

Scott knows Nina's past, why is he confused about her reaction?

Megan said...

1) Happy Birthday Maggie!
2) How could you not comment on the old-timey carrying candle in the background of the first panel?

Ken said...

Happy Belated Birthday Maggie!

Tennis bracelet is in the mail.

Sugar Packet said...

Tommie, fetch me my carrying candle and my night cap, and mix me up some milk of magnesium while you're at it.