Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Like a Fool

Oh ho ho ho. Maggie here. Just nipped out to Cancun for a bit, but I'm back! Thanks to Megan and Casey for covering, even when I didn't give them any advanced notice. If you haven't read their comics synopses (and secret messages) for the last week, you should, right now; I particularly enjoyed Nina lurching down the stairs with the deepest, angriest frown I've ever seen in my life.

On to today's comic!

As usual, Margo is nice and sweet and awesome and somehow her kindness is misunderstood for pettiness, boredom, thoughtlessness, and eagerness to look around a super-rich guy's apartment! Any time you try to do something nice, it blows up in your face--usually after a few drinks and some light smooching--so WHY EVEN BOTHER? At least if you're sneaky and evil, you see these things coming. 

But Margo, why work so hard to justify yourself to Tommie? I mean, 1. "That wasn't a kiss" is a pretty outrageous claim when the panel literally screamed "KISS" right over your head, plus, you know, the handsiness. 2. "We weren't drunk" is maybe true, but I feel like you're a secret lightweight (which is both disappointing and awesome at the same time). 3. Tommie has to like you pretty much no matter what, so wasting your breath on excuses to her is kind of silly. Just have her fix you a hot toddy and let's go to bed!

1 comment:

Ken said...

I like how quietly judgemental Tommie is in the second panel.