Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tori's Cool Boyfriend


I am not the only one who was skeptical about Maggie's selection of "Lick" as the possible name of Tori's boyfriend in her post yesterday, but now that I see him, it seems right on the nose. (And what a nose it is.) Other possible names: Flea, Roach, Ratface, Greaseball. Names we have now ruled out: Butch. The sad thing is, in A3G world, I expect Lick is supposed to be pretty cool. Look at how he tucks his sweatshirt into his jeans. Such a rebel.

I'm torn here, because I sort of feel bad for Marty and immediately hate Tori's boyfriend, but I really can't wait to see mini-Margo crush her. Is this going to become A3G: The Next Generation? We have Margo and Tommie, we just need mini-LuAnn.

9 comments:

NonnyMus said...

Lick is mini-Lu Ann! He just left his pink sweatshirt in his locker.

Elaine said...

Looking a little closer at Lick's hair, and at his ear in the last panel, I think a better nickname might be Spock.

Elaine said...

Oh - or maybe Val (for Prince Valiant)....

This could become a sidekick-naming contest.

Megan said...

My gut says that he reminds me of Martin Short, but my gut is also very hungry...

Unknown said...

The fact that he is wearing a Cub Scout belt buckle and possibly Cub Scout uniform pants shows his level of coolth, too.

Anonymous said...

When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, from your first cigarette, till your last dyin' day!

BaHa said...

Sweatshirt tucked into *mom* jeans.

Anonymous said...

There's something very Maynard G. Krebs-ish about Torii's boyfriend.

Anonymous said...

Lick's sweatshirt appears to have French Cuffs, which explains why he tucks it in.