Friday, June 27, 2014

Dramatic

Boop! We're inside now. Does that make this conversation easier to swallow? No? How about if they talk about things Tommie obviously won't comprehend, like human behavior or emotional wounds? No? Still boring?

I give up! There's obviously no way to make this strip interesting within the strict regulations of newspaper comics, which state that all comics must feature two characters in the foreground from the armpit up looking at each other and talking. Those are the rules, right?

4 comments:

TimP said...

"I'm not here to analyze him, Carol. I'm here to ceaselessly tend to his large animal vet practice for no pay. Heck, if Jack didn't tell me when to sleep and eat, I'd just keep on mucking out the stalls until I fell over from exhaustion.:

Dawn Weston's Evil Twin said...

Huh? Why is Tommie calling Lu Ann "Carol"? I don't understand any of this!

Also, I enjoyed learning about the newspaper rules for comics today. I think A3G often violates the rule about characters actually facing each other when talking to each other. Often, they are shown back to back chatting, gossiping, insulting one another ... and boring us!

Ken's Orange Overcoat said...

It was only recently that every conversation was between two characters not facting us, so that's an interesting change... if you define 'interesting' as 'different', that is.

Maggie said...

Oh, right, thank you all for the reminder. I forgot to mention that not facing each other while talking, that's like an "after Labor Day" thing. In the summer months you have to look directly at each other.

I think there's a rule about biweekly appearances of green lampshades too.