Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Wedding Bell Blues


So based on the comments it seems like most people are rooting for Jim to be dead.  I wouldn't be opposed to that, at least all of this nonsense would be wrapped up.  Maybe it's just all the Downton Abbey I've been watching recently, but from the first panel of Rose's panicked "this wedding isn't happening" bobble, I thought it was going to be a class issue.   Perhaps Jim is the heir to the earldom of Alesworthshire-Upon-Heath, and his marrying a non-noble, American nurse/amateur deer caretaker is completely out of the question.  His troth has probably already been given to a proper lady who just keeps deer outside on the grounds of her landed country estate.

4 comments:

Roy said...

It is not so much that I am rooting for Jim to be dead...

Well actually I am, it has been a long time since we have had a love interrest die in 3G, and considering Tommie is never going to find happiness she might as well get a get a dead fiance as a boobie prize.

Anonymous said...

He's dead; Jim!

molly said...

What I'm hoping for is yet another series of Tommie acting oblivious, Rose shuddering in horror, and Tommie asking "Are you there??" A few more weeks, please. I cannot get enough!

Ken's Orange Overcoat said...

"O.K., I won't tell you that I'm not coming to the wedding because Jim's dead"

You know, for the supposed Head of Nursing in a big city hospital, Tommie is pretty dumb!