Monday, July 21, 2014

I Feel Great!

Well, what is there to say about this, the squarest consumption of drugs in the strip since "Wow. This dope is super!" ?? I mean, I get why people avoid margaritas because they've had a bad experience with tequila, or the drinks are too sugary, or whatever, but how did Tommie, who seems pretty pumped about this tasty concoction, manage just not to have a margarita all these years? Doesn't she live in a major metropolitan area? Didn't she go to college? Isn't it pretty likely it's Lu Ann's drink of choice? How old is Tommie supposed to be? What else hasn't she done? Eat Chinese food? Lick an envelope?

I don't know. All I know is that Tommie is probably wasted and now she's going to... drive a horse into the garage or something. Right? Something has to happen now. Please lord just let something happen!

9 comments:

Sugar Packet said...

That looks like the tiniest margarita I've ever seen. Really hoped Carol was going to slam Tommie with one of those gigantic novelty margarita glasses, filled to the brim, with crazy straws coming out at every angle.

molly said...

Tommie is trying a subservient role with her Oliver Twist impression. Carol is firm in maintaining her status as the alpha female.

Carlye said...

I agree with Sugar Packet. That looks like a small wine glass instead of a margarita glass. Two of those won't even get a little buzz on.

Carrie Bradshaw said...

I love this bonding over cocktails. I love this conversation between such sophisticated, witty, interesting women. It's just like Sex and the City!!!

Obtuse said...

Maybe Tommie means she's never had "one" margarita, instead regularly downing at least a dozen every time she has them, resulting in whirlwind engagements, vehicular manslaughter of mother deer, and of course going on cross country trips with orphan fawns. Maybe this story is about to get really interesting!

Maggie said...

Obtuse: whoa. That is brilliant. "I don't know, Carol. I've never had... ONE... hahaha.... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Scott P. said...

Tommie's confused because back home the girls have to call them "Margoritas".

JayKay said...

True story: I didn't have any mixed drinks until I was 52 except for a whiskey sour back in the 70's. I drank cheap beer in high school and pretty much got all my drinking done before I went to college. I didn't drink in college because of academics. I didn't drink after college because I was on medications which interacted harmfully with alcohol. It was silly of me to want to remain alive, but there you have it.

I was only several years ago I had to do a medication washout (where you taper off and then go 2-4 weeks without). So, during my washout month, I tried a martini (yuck), a daiquiri (yuck), a whiskey on the rocks (foul) and a margarita (the best of the lot). Why people drink whiskey I'll never know.

True side story: I told that story to someone who scolded me for trying whiskey and not bourbon. Of course, he couldn't explain the difference between the two!

Anonymous said...

Obtuse right on! I knew this woman had a substance abuse problem. Go Tommie ! Get liquored up and stuff old bagface in the Lincoln's trunk. Whoo hoo! Hey, that is the smallest margorita glass i've ever seen.