Thursday, July 3, 2014

Nosy Tina


So after Carol basically offered her anything she wanted not to leave, Tommie... left, I guess? I hope this means that she'll come back dressed as Jack, and Tina will totally buy it because people's faces morph all the time in this universe, and it'll be awesome.

Probably the real truth is that Tommie is standing there silently, somehow staying out of the constantly-rotating picture, and she'll pipe up in about a week with, "Nuh-uh, Jack's totally still here, k gotta do some farm stuff byyyyyeeee."

8 comments:

Elaine said...

Zzzzzzz Zzzzzzz.....would someone please wake me up when this nightmare of boredom is over?

bwebster said...

Actually, I think this is getting increasingly dada-ist. Sort of the 'Waiting for Godot' of comic strips.

Ken's Orange Overcoast said...

I agree, bwebster! We have surreal utterances from people we know nothing about. In this case, I doubt we'll ever be given enough information to figure out the characters, but oh, isn't the choppy dialogue fun?!

Maggie said...

I do like the idea of Tommie silently moving with the wildly rotating camera, staying just out of view and yet observing everything and not helping.

Carlye said...

You know why this storyline is such a snore? No Margo!! If they base a story on Tommie, especially Tommie mucking out barns, who cares?

Scott P. said...

It's a stretch to say they're basing this story line on Tommie: Tommie has appeared in 11 of the past 34 strips (not including Sundays). That's less than a third.

NonnyMus said...

Just another variant on the old "women whose lives revolve around a man" plot.

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! You are 'here for me!' Now to increase my domanince I'm gonna stuff you into the trunk of a Lincoln.