Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How to Succeed in New York Without Really Trying

"Succeed" in this case being a kind of loose term for what Lu Ann is doing in New York right now. I think her last (rather qualified) success was probably the Great Note Card Debacle of 2010. Since then, I... I just don't know what she's been doing. Brushing her hair, for sure, but besides that, I don't know. Oh wait, she's been curating. That's it. Success!

P.S. Did someone order Lu Ann's head on a platter? Cause that's what she's serving up in the first panel.

2 comments:

phoebes in santa fe said...

Luann has had success in NYC? The most success she's had is snaring a bland blond boy from Hobokin with a very bad family attachment.

Also, why are all the women in this strip dressed alike? Collared shirts just a step away from Mao-jackets.

Elaine said...

@phoebes - or maybe those clothes are hand-me-downs from the fundamentalist polygamists. Ruby has been dressing like that for, like, ever.