Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stairway Negotiations

So you're their wedding planner! I should've know!"Whoa there, Roberta. You've got it all wrong. I don't even like the idea of my parents getting back together. I think it's way icky. How about you just put the gun away, and we'll go out and get something to eat? I'll order an appetizer, and you'll tell me I'm fat, and I'll develop an eating disorder--just like the good old days!"

I have to admit, I did not think Roberta would reveal her gun this early in what is sure to be the climactic scene of this plotline. And on a Saturday whatsmore, traditionally a slow day for comics! I'd say we've got another three weeks or so before it actually goes off. April 28th. Any other guesses?

10 comments:

Marguerite said...

April 28 sounds about right.

Martin is going to show up and take the bullet for Margo to prove his fatherly love. He's almost going to die, but won't. That gets us through the summer.

The TJ said...

I'm hoping for April 11th.

For one thing, that's my birthday (And what better present could you really get?) For another, it's on a sunday and if it lands on the end of sunday's strip, we get to relive the glory of it in monday's.

Martin will probably walk in, Margo shoots instinctively (Hitting him or Gabriela) and we get exposition/resolution on the way to the hospital/police station.

The TJ said...

Whoops, I meant to say Bobbie. BOBBIE shoots insticntivley.

Although... Margo with a gun... It has it's appeal.

Randy said...

Maggie, you might want to check out what I've discovered and written up over at Josh's place (I'm KarMann over there). I think we all totally missed this detail!

Casey said...

I'm going for April 16, for McClure's bday present.

Randy, I had thought about that but was too lazy to really go back and look at it, so good job on the thoroughness, you'd make PI Alec/x proud.

mrvy said...

Back from the Lenten fast from comic blogs. We just couldn't have a shooting death on Easter Sunday! We need Taser Lady to make a stealth appearance and disarm Bobbie before the unthinkable happens. Please oh please!

McClure said...

YES Taser Lady! I forgot all about her... a gun going off PLUS the Lady of Taser would be the most excellent birthday present ever.

(Maybe I should have a differently-themed costume party this year!) ;)

The TJ said...

I hate to say this (Believe me, I want to see taser lady as much as anyone) But I think Mrs. Bloom lives in the same building as Margo, Tommie, and Lu Ann. This is Gabriella's apartment, so the likelihood of her being there is slim...

Maybe some other helpful neighbor has some other personal defense weapon. We can always hope.

Randy said...

I don't suppose Margo has her umbrella with her after everyone reminded her to bring it with her several times today, does she? *whack*, *whack*, *whack*

McClure said...

dang, TJ, you're right. phooey.