Monday, April 19, 2010

That's Been My Bitchy Ol' Choice, Dad

Hoo. Sorry for the late update, gang; work's picked up again, and on top of it, what can you say about this? Except that Martin kind of looks like an owl in the second panel. And the (not shocking) revelation that Margo the only thing that wins over Margo is the prospect of spilled blood. But...

ARRRR, yes, okay. I admit defeat. I rarely go back and visit the Sunday strips, but the below panels from yesterday were actually quite revealing, and they confirmed it for me: there will be no violence, and there will be no final twist, to the Tale of Bobbie the Bobble Merrill.

Clang clang, Bellevue!So Bobbie's going to be locked up, and that's that. There is, however, the tantalizing prospect of an awesome roadtrip on the way to the asylum!! Oh my gosh, yes. My vigor has been renewed. What kind of munchies will they bring to snack on? Who will control the radio? Will Bobbie throw herself out of a moving vehicle?? There's so much potential!

6 comments:

kitchenbeard said...

Upstate? Is this the same "upstate" that dogs go to when mommy and daddy can't handle it and don't want to tell their kids they had Fido euthanized?

The TJ said...

At this point, I'm hoping Bobbie will pull a "Fugitive" on us and on take two she'll actually pull the trigger.

Of course, even if this is extremely rushed by A3G standards, it could be a year before we ever see that happening...

Sugar Packet said...

I can't believe no one's mentioned the panel on Sunday where they reference Gabriella's psychic powers! And how they failed! Yeah, if I were Gabriella, I wouldn't beat myself up too much about that, since nothing negative wound up happening anyway.

McClure said...

haha! Nice work, Sugar Packet. See, Maggie?! *cough*

Marguerite said...

How could a story line with so much potential turn so boring so quickly?

Maggie said...

I wanted to mention psychic Gabriella, I just didn't have the space! Secretly I'm hoping they bring her up more in depth later on in the week.