Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Good News

Oh. Man. I can't wait until tomorrow when Margo discloses her modest piece of good news ("I slept for eight consecutive hours last night" or "It's been weeks since I've had a hangnail") and Lu Ann, unable to contain herself any longer, bursts through her bedroom door like it's made out of plywood and screams "IhavegoodnewstooI'M GETTING MARRIED!!" in as excited and dramatic fashion as when she found out she was going to South Dakota. Then of course Margo will deconstruct her good news into bite-size chunks of wounded pride and desperation. As she will!

Speaking of which, I can't believe it's taken me this long to ponder, but are they really living in a three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan, or are two of them doubling up? I like to think of Tommie and Lu Ann having bunk beds.

3 comments:

Gerard said...

That's possible, Maggie. If I recall we have only ever seen The (single) bed of Margo, the virgin queen.
And speaking of Margo (and she was), I would translate her statement as, "But enough about you, let's talk about me." Out of character, you say? ;->

mrvy said...

Maggie, Casey, Megan - any knowledge about the apparent replacement of Margaret Shulock with Lisa Trusiani?

Anonymous said...

From Wiki "Alex Kotzky, who drew and inked in a tight and crisp realistic style, was the artist of Apartment 3-G for more than 30 years. When Dallis died in 1991, Kotzky began writing the strip. With Kotzky's death in 1996, his son, Brian Kotzky, took over as the Apartment 3-G artist, and Lisa Trusiani became the scripter. In 2000, Frank Bolle stepped in as the illustrator when Brian Kotzky left to become a teacher. Writer Margaret Shulock later succeeded Trusiani." I guess washingtonpost.com is unaware of the change in writers.