Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Infinite Abyss


Lu Ann: "You're OK to do your art by yourself right?  I know I'm supposed to be teaching you, but I really can't take away from my job as curator, or Margo will eviscerate me.  You don't even need me to teach you...it looks like you've already learned a non-traditional pencil grip that will give you little to no fine motor control and you've got your ice pick there as a back up."

Marty: "That's fine...can you find my dad?  I really want to show my dad my drawing.  Which I'm just about to start by poking the paper with my ice pick.  It's my process.  You might want to take the frame wrapping off that Bed, Bath and Beyond decor before you hang it in the gallery...it's kind of noticeable."

Lu Ann: "Great!  I'm already starting to shrink and grow younger because I've touched the the oddly placed doorknob on the portal to the infinite abyss.  No turning back now!  I'll see if I find your dad out there, although I probably won't recognize his tiny hands and giant child head.  Be careful with that ice pick, don't stick it in the European electrical outlet by the door."

4 comments:

Maggie said...

That's right, Lu Ann. There IS no turning back now. God, I'm glad I have my friends to parse this absurd surrealist experiment in disposable serialized art we call Apartment 3-G.

NonnyMus said...

See? I told you! Without Failure Frank, this strip wouldn't be nearly as hilarious!

Ken said...

Marty really reminds me of somebody at work.

Megan said...

@NonnyMus, I know! I think that's why I feel so bad for him. I see how bad it is and I'm like "SWEET, I can score some laughs because this guy can't draw a human hand..." Then I feel like an jerk for making fun of a 90 year old man who still can draw better than I can. A3G brings out a lot of emotions.