Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rick Rolled

Am I the only one who thinks that Frank Bolle keeps having this guy bother Tommie because it's too much work to draw Dan Diller's luscious beard every other day? I mean Rick is just Paul Linski/Scott Gaines/Generic Male character. Frank's probably in solitary confinement at Shady Pines, being forced by the faceless bean-counting comic syndicate executives to spend his golden years tracing his old strips for new material. Poor guy.

Tommie is a true artist. This whole business of nickels and dimes just gets her down, man. It's about the music, man. Clearly, no one has told her about benefits of the royalty check.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Dan Diller is too busy walking on water to visit Tommie.

Also beard maintenance on that luscious face warmer must be a full time job.

Could the syndicate be pulling a "Weekend at Bernie's 2" with Frank? Notice I reference WaB2 and not the original. WaB2 had a much stronger plot with the voodoo and all.

Rick A. said...

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you