Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Family Scandal

I feel like my co-bloggers and I are playing hot potato with this storyline, just waiting for someone to have some kind of hysterical, tear-rending reaction. Which I guess will not be happening today, I'm safe! Mim continues to spill more and more beans, almost gleefully at this point, and Ruby's listening like, "Huh, is that right? I thought I heard about something like that. Since it involves my own uterus and all." And THEN Mim has the nerve to be like, "Whoopsy daisy! Did I say something wrong? Deny it, Ruby, deny it all, I DARE YOU"

5 comments:

Ken said...

Did I get the story all wrong?

This isn't a story Mim, it is our real, temporally skewed, comic-strip, cliched, lives you are effing with. Don't you have a child to emotionally scar at home?

Regardless of the exclamation point, I don't see a head bobble and this comforts me.

Roy said...

I will continue to hope it is all a figment of Janey's imagination, and Mim has it all wrong.

Sugar Packet said...

Yeah, surprisingly few (as in zero) head bobbles going on here! Even Lu Ann is pretty mellow about all these bombshells.

mrvy said...

@Sugar Packet - Lu Ann should be mellow. Her adoptive mother is cold, her adoptive father's unhappy, her sister is craggy and cranky... wouldn't you rather be the daughter of a compassionate middle-aged hair-bowed matron?

Roy said...

Mrvy

Lu Ann just hit the adoption lottery, Ruby is such a better mother than her own family, you'd think if she wasn't so beaten down she would have spent her childhood wishing she was adopted. So she didn't turn out to be crown princess of Graustark, but this is still pretty awesome. All she needs now is to find out is that Blaze is her brother.

The holidays would be so much better.