Wednesday, January 25, 2012

South Dakota Souveniers

EXPLICIT CONTENT WARNING: I am linking to a picture of an actual Meadow Muffin. Here it is. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rovingmagpie/3365730934

Mmm, sounds delicious, or like Margo will destroy you if you bring her back cow dung in a box. Meanwhile Tommie is simply delighted with this witty repartee! The dotted line around her giggle implies that Tommie knows better than to laugh outright at Margo, or she's in for a beating.


So right, looks like I was all wrong about Margo going on a wacky road trip with Lu Ann and Ruby. Seriously, why would you get my hopes up with a line like, "Here's our travel agenda, Margo!" I mean, come on. That'd be like Hobotramp Dan telling Tommie "We just made Billboard's Showtunes Top 40!" when he's actually talking about a hit single by Audra McDonald, who's sitting patiently in the other room.


Final note: Ruby's bows are no longer even bow-shaped. They're like little drink umbrellas, or sea anemone. Do you think she's wearing them for comfort (long day of travel) or to impress?

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Those are obviously some variety of mutating bows, and Ruby is no longer aware of their actions. Perhaps they function as some type of mood indicator. Sea anemone = deliriously happy! As she's never seen without some type of head adornment, all we can assume is that they are now an integral part of her body. Those bows always struck me as a little bit creepy...

Anonymous said...

There is actually a restaurant in Colorado Springs called Meadow Muffins. I am not making this up.

Ken said...

Did A3G just make a poop joke?

My favorite poop joke involves business cat.

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/11/09/funny-pictures-memecats-business-cat-pooped-outside-box/

Are people supposed to have favorite poop jokes?

Those are Ruby's travelling bows. She still believes in dressing up for plane travel. She is from a different time. I hope Ruby made enough lemon squares for everyone on the plane. I would have to pretend I'm deaf or asleep if I were to sit next to either of them on the plane.