Friday, January 6, 2012

The Whole Story

Oh my goodnes. Ohhhhh my goodness. Are we going to find out Lu Ann is adopted?? Are we?? Are we are we are we?? (I thought I predicted this a while ago, but apparently Ken did, not me. Bonus points to Ken!) Otherwise, this is a pretty weird, convoluted backstory to plop on us. Like, who the heck is Dr. Howard? Is Janey Mim's birth mother or Dr. Howard's wife? And who cares?

Mim telling Lu Ann she's adopted would have the added benefit of Lu Ann equally shocking Mim by telling her she's adopted today. I predict Saturday's strip will play out like this:

First Panel
Mim: No, I meant that you're adopted!!
Lu Ann: (bobbles violently) Huh??!

Second Panel
Both: Wait, I'm adopted?? (more bobbling)

Third panel
Both: (faint, heels up in the air)
Hilarious sound effect: BOOM

5 comments:

Ken said...

Lu Ann is Paul Linski's sister. I know it's far fetched, but maybe that's why Lu Ann felt so familial with the Linski's and Papa Linski sabotaged the pending nuptials. The most shocking thing the background check revealed was not Gary Powers, but that Lu Ann is a Linski.

Back in 2005, Mim insulted Lu Ann's intelligence for not realizing Mim was preggers. I hope to see another dig here.

Searching for birth parents only to find them in Hoboken will be a fun storyline. It's a good thing Margo interrupted them that fateful bath/ice cream night.

Queue the Rule 34 stories...eww.

mrvy said...

You think Lu Ann was pressured by Planet Linski to accept Paul's proposal? Imagine the pressure to relocate to Hoboken if they learn she's ONE OF THEM!!!

Ken said...

@mrvy

There are two houses ready for Lu Ann. She can live right next door to her parents and little brother Wally. I assume Paul will disappear because of the shame and guilt of almost marrying his sister.

Wino said...

I hope they were drinking a lovely Cab Sav out of those mugs. It would be a shame to not be buzzed during the day.

Roy said...

Lu Ann is Ruby's daughtet, boy wouldn't that be a relief, for Lu Ann.