Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Innocent Slumbers


Oh man...I can't wait for Tommie to tell Margo that she has to whisper because she's harboring an orphaned deer in a Manhattan apartment who ostensibly hasn't eaten or gone to the bathroom in over 4 hours/however long it has taken Tommie to grow a full pageboy haircut.  It will be glorious!

Because I'm dedicated to this blog, I spent a full two minutes on Google looking at the search results for "how to care for an orphaned fawn."  I learned this much.  Fawns are often mistaken for orphans because their moms are super busy and leave them by themselves almost the whole day.  And if you're reasonably sure that the mother has died, you should contact a licensed wildlife rehabilitator.   The more you know...:::shooting star rainbow:::

2 comments:

Ken's Orange Overcoat said...

But... But... But... Tommie only had one choice! She had NO other choices but to the put the animal in her vintage rental car and drive 5-6 hours to NYC, totally stressing it out. No wonder the poor thing was bleating in terror!


Maggie said...

Your dedication to this blog is duly noted, Megan. For my part, when I googled "what do I do with a deer in my house?" everything I found was about how to keep deer out of your house and off your property, including the message board "Can I shoot deer in my backyard?" Telling...